Lost and Found
Lost and found services are provided by Texas A&M International Police Department:
If any of the following articles matches the description of the article you lost, please come by our department and be ready to describe the lost item and show a valid photo I.D.
21.99.04 Disposition of Abandoned and Unclaimed Personal Property
October 22, 1997
Revised September 1, 1999
1. All abandoned and unclaimed personal property coming into the possession of the campus security or other designated office shall be released to the owner upon proper identification and proof of ownership, except where the personal property is being held as evidence to be used in any pending criminal case.
2. Within a reasonable amount of time after the property is received, the System component shall make an attempt to notify known owners through a mailed notice and unknown owners through a public notice as appropriately determined by the System component.
3. After unclaimed personal property is held for a period of at least ninety (90) days, the property may be sold at a public auction. Public notice should be given in advance of the auction.
4. All proceeds received by a System component from the handling, storage, and/or sale of abandoned and unclaimed personal property are hereby appropriated to that component.
5. The Chief Executive Officer of each System component is responsible for issuing a component rule or procedure to implement this regulation and provide further instructions for the handling of abandoned and unclaimed personal property.
CONTACT OFFICE: System Office of Budgets and Accounting
HISTORY: Last version: October 22, 1997
Section 21 Rules
21.99.04: Disposition of Abandoned and Unclaimed Personal Property Page 1 of 1
This site is updated weekly. If not listed please check with Police Department 24-hours at (956) 326-2100 or EXT. 2100
Attention Students, Faculty, Staff and Visitors:
Any property found on campus needs to be reported to the University Police Department.
If you find a lost item, turn it in at the TAMIU Police Department, Or write to us at:
Comments and Suggestions: Please Write....firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas A & M International University Police Department.
Copyright © 1997 [TAMIU POLICE]. All rights reserved.
Revised: March 08, 2006