Chapter 32 - Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
This chapter is available if you elected to make contributions from your military pay to participate in this education program. Your contributions are matched on a $2 for $1 basis by the Government. (Note: Under specific conditions, participants under this chapter may be eligible to convert their entitlement to the New Montgomery GI Bill - Chapter 30.)
To be eligible for this chapter, you must meet the following qualifications:
- entered service for the first time between January 1, 1977 and June 30, 1985
- opened a contribution account before April 1, 1987
- voluntarily contributed from $25 to $2,700
- completed your first period of service
- were discharged or released from service under conditions other than dishonorable.
Checklist for Texas A&M International University
1.) Apply and be accepted to the university
2.) Complete the VA Application (VA Form 22-1990)
3.) Present discharge documents to the VA Assistant (Located in KL168) (VA Form DD-214)
4.) Complete and submit the "Request for Veteran Certification" form at the Office of the University Registrar.
Please note: As part of our institutional policy, students are not certified until after the 12th class day for Fall and Spring semesters and after the 4th class day for the Summer sessions.
For additional information, please visit the following website: