New Student Registration Directions
Begin by calling the Office of Recruitment & School Relations for an advising appointment at 956-326-2270.
Begin by calling the Office of the University Registrar for an appointment to review your degree plan.
Call 956-326-2246 to set-up your appointment.
Registration Directions for Continuing Students
1. Logon to UConnect (http://uconnect.tamiu.edu) to check your registration status, check and update your mailing address and email address by clicking on the "My Business" tab. Check the course schedule in the "Registration Tools" channel and draft a possible schedule. If you have holds, visit the offices indicated to get holds waived or cleared for Fall registration. All holds must be cleared before registering using UConnect or going to your respective college for advising.
2. After registering, you will be able to print out your new schedule and your tuition & fees bill. You may add courses via UConnect using the "Registration Tools" channels under the "My Business" tab until January 23. Beginning January 17, all drops must be processed through your department or the Office of the University Registrar.
For on-site registration, check in with the Department Secretary of your major. You will be directed to an available faculty member for advising and schedule approval. You may have to schedule an appointment with the advisor.
Check your Degree Audit to ensure applicability of courses for which you have registered. Financial Aid may not pay for courses that are not applicable to your degree plan (including repeated courses).
3. Pay tuition & fees in the Business Office by January 12 or use the credit card payment option using UConnect on the web. Emergency loans and Deferred Payment Plans are available through the Business Office. Parking permits can be purchased in the Business Office USC137.
4. University IDs (TAMIU OneCard) may be obtained at the OneCard Center in USC 131.
5. Purchase books at the University Bookstore located in the USC 115.