United States/ Mexico Relations
Eagle Ford Shale
The Binational Center is a leader in promoting research and disseminating scientific studies on the local phenomenon of oil and gas extraction that is impacting the world, known as Eagle Ford Shale. We have participated in various events and conferences to share this information and provide opportunities for our region. Please see below for more details on our events, conferences, and presentations.
- August 30, 2013 - Shale Gas: Experiencias y Oportunidades
This was a presentation given by Binational Center Director, Maria Eugenia Calderón-Porter in Mexico City to an audience of over 400 attendees at an event sponsored/organized by AMESPAC, COPARMEX, and Club de Industriales.
- November 18, 2013 - Mexican Energy Reform & Industrial America
Mexico’s government will announce the extent of its Energy Reforms by November 15th. We invite you to attend a presentation of opportunities available to the USA Industry and an explanation of what the new laws mean to the international petroleum/gas economy. Please join us at this very important event. Click here to see the agenda for the day.
- January 29, 2014- Eagle Ford Consortium Meeting
This was the first Eagle Ford Consortium Meeting in Laredo. At this event, the new Binational Committee of the Eagle Ford Shale Consortium was introduced. The mission of this new committee is to assist US and Mexico business, government, institutions, and universities in their endeavors to engage in bi-national commerce related to the oil and gas industry for the mutual benefit of each country and its citizens. Some of the presenters at the event were AMESPAC Director Antonio Juárez, CNH Commissioner Guillermo Dominguez, Mexico City Attorney Javier Zenteno of Zenteno-Lira Mora Abogados, and Mexico City Attorney Juan Carlos Solis of Solis Mendoza Abogados. Please see list below for their presentations, and click here to see the agenda for the day.
- "Mexican Oil & Gas Industry Investment Opportunities Post Reform" by Lic. Antonio Juárez of AMESPAC (Asociación Mexicana de Empresas de Servicios Petroleros)
- "Shale Gas in México" by Dr. Guillermo Dominguez-Vargas of CNH (Comisión Nacional de Hidrocarburos)
- "Análisis de la Reforma Constitucional en Materia de Energía. Siguientes Pasos: Leyes Secundarias, Normatividad y Contratos" by Lic. Javier Zenteno Barrios of Zenteno - Lira Mora Abogados
- "Energy Reform in Mexico: Impact on Foreign Investors" by Lic. Juan Carlos Solis of Solis Mendoza Abogados.
For additional information contact us at:
Texas A&M International University
5201 University Boulevard
Student Center 118
Laredo, TX 78041
Tel. 956-326-2834 — Fax 956-326-2836
Office Hours: Mon. - Fri., 8 am - 5 pm
Become our fan!