Office of Continuing EducationMenu
Heartsaver: First Aid, CPR, & AED
Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage a first aid, choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives.
Students learn skills such as how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies. This course also teaches adult CPR and AED use.
Audience: This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid, CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
- Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Optional modules in child CPR and AED use and infant CPR
- Optional written test
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Student manual comes with a new Heartsaver First Aid Quick Reference Guide that summarizes first aid actions for many injuries and illnesses
- Course is updated with the new science
Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course Completion Card that is valid for two years.
Book: $15 (Optional)
To Register for any of the above events please follow the LINK.