Office of Continuing EducationMenu
Paralegal Certificate Course Online©
The Paralegal Certificate Course© is the cornerstone of The Center for Legal Studies programs. Paralegalism is one of the fastest growing careers in the country.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects the number of paralegals to increase 28% between 2008 and 2018, much faster than the national average for all occupations.
The national median earnings for paralegals is currently $44,480.00/Year and freelance paralegal professionals average significantly more across the board.
Note: In order to complete the requirements for the certificate you are required to complete one session in it’s entirety.
2014 Online Sessions:
Start End March 10, 2014 June 20, 2014 May 05, 2014 August 15, 2014 June 30, 2014 October 10, 2014 August 25, 2014 December 5, 2014 October 20, 2014 February 27, 2014
2015 Online Sessions:
Start End January 12, 2015 April 17, 2015
For Payment Options visit Center for Legal Studies
or call 1(800) 522-7737
The Center for Legal Studies features in an Online format the same Paralegal Certificate Course© that has been offered live since 1980 at colleges and universities throughout the nation. This format is available to students via any computer with internet access and at any time of day or night during our online sessions.
- Review the material as many times as necessary for full retention of the information.
- Students benefit from direct interaction with the instructor and other students by way of email and a discussion board.
- Online course is available virtually anytime, in the comfort and privacy of your home or office.
- Students have 14 weeks to complete the online course (7 weeks for paralegal I and 7 weeks for paralegal II). Students must complete both Paralegal 1 and Paralegal 2 to be awarded a Certificate. (California paralegals may need to complete Advanced Paralegal course work to meet the requirements of California Business and Professional Code §6450. Please click here for more information.)
- Students e-mail assignments and exams
- Order Books Online
- Once registered, your password and access information will be sent via email prior to the start of class.
- Paralegal Certificate Course© Workbook, by Margaret J. Kirk
- Paralegal Career for Dummies, by Scott and Lisa Hatch
- Introduction to Paralegalism, 7th Edition by William Statsky
- Federal Civil Rules Booklet
- Sample Pages: Illustrations of Organization and Research Techniques in West Group Publications, 4th edition by West Group
- A Uniform System of Citation (aka "The Bluebook"), most recent edition
- Order Books Online
Highly Recommended Legal Resources:
- Oran's Dictionary of the Law, 4th edition.
Sallie Mae Career Training LoanSM
The Career Training LoanSM has been designed specifically to help you finance your education or training and offers hundreds of dollars in savings over other financing options. It can be used for distance learning or other continuing education programs to cover the total cost of education and related expenses, and loan applications can often be completed within minutes. www.salliemae.com/tamiucontedu
No refunds to Sallie Mae Loans after the start of class.