Training | Equipment & Book Check Out | FAQs | Best Practices
There are many distance learning resources available for TAMIU faculty on campus. This page has a summary of some of those resources as well as some other helpful tidbits of information.
We provide opportunities for faculty to learn how to use instructional technologies in their distance learning courses and in their research. We offer a full range of support, maintenance, and training for both instructional services and course development, including:
- Workshops offered at no cost with hands-on training.
- Training and assistance at OIT, designated training rooms or instructor offices.
- Personal consultations in rooms with equipment for instructors to use.
- Technical support for ANGEL and other instructional software.
- Training for entire departments and ANGEL orientations for students.
- Informational handouts and other online resources.
Our training topics emphasize instructional design and multimedia development that facilitate distance learning. Supported software and instructional devices include, but are not limited to:
- ANGEL Overview
- ANGEL workshops include but are not limited to Navigation, Assessments, Rubrics and Gradebook.
Camtasia & SnagIt
- ECHO 360 captures class lectures and converts them into podcasts, video, rich media and more for anytime, anywhere playback.
- "ANGEL ePortfolio provides a digital destination where learners can collect and organize their work from both inside and outside the classroom. ANGEL ePortfolio's comprehensive toolset allows learners to transform artifacts from their coursework, co-curricular, life and work experience into a cohesive, digital representation of themselves." - ANGEL website
Flip Video Cameras
- Use Photo Story 3 for Windows to create visually compelling and fun stories using your pictures and music.
- TurnItIn is an easy-to-use Web-based application that can be used to help detect and prevent plagiarism. Best of all TurnItIn is integrated into ANGEL. For more details, refer to the TurnItIn Web site.
Although walk-ins are welcome, instructors are encouraged to set up appointments to ensure that necessary resources, materials, and training staff are available for assistance. To request an appointment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 956.326.2792.
For a list of upcoming workshops, please visit: https://oitprofessionaldevelopment.tamiu.edu.
Equipment for Checkout
- Logitech Quickcam Pro Webcams
- Sony 10 MP Cameras
- Video Cameras
- Flip Cameras
- Presentation Clickers
Books for Checkout
- Adobe Photshop CS4: Advanced
- Adobe Photshop CS4: Advanced
- ADOBE Photoshop CS4 - Student Manual
- Assessing the Online Learner: Resources and Strategies for Faculty
- Classroom Assessment Techniques: A Handbook for College Teachers 2nd ed
- Conquering the Content: A Step-by-Step Guide to Online Course Design
- Image Management & Multimedia: Student Project Book Vol 1
- Image Management & Multimedia: Student Project Book Vol 2
- Image Management & Multimedia: Student Project Book Vol 3
- Learn Adobe Premiere Elements in 3 Days
- Learn Adobe Premiere Elements in 6 Days
- Simple SMART Skills for teacher productivity and student engagement
- Teaching and Learning at a Distance: Foundations of Distance Education 4th ed
- Teaching at its Best: A Research-Based Resource for College Instructors 3rd ed
- The Plagiarism Handbook: Strategies for Preventing, Detecting, and Dealing with Plagiarism
- Using Technology with Classroom Instruction that Works
- What the Best College Teachers Do
- Lead Right:Every leader's Straight-Talk Guide to Job Success
- Engaging the Online Learner:Activities and Resources for Creative Instruction
- Cultivating Leadership in School:Connecting, People, Purpose, and Practice
- Doing Qualitative Research:Second Edition
- The New Meaning of Educational Change: Fourth Edition
- Assistive Technology in the Classroom: Echancing the School Eperiences of student with Disabilities
How do I...
Back to Top
Back to Top
Best Practices Links
eLearning Best Practices
Instructional Technology & Distance Education Services
Office of Information Technology
Killam Library 259