Technical Requirements for Distance Learning
When participating in distance education courses, it is vital to consider the technology involved in order to have a successful course. It recommended that you meet the following technical requirements:
- A computer (desktop or laptop) that is less than 5 years old will work with ANGEL.
The following software is required for using ANGEL:
- An Internet Browser (See Internet Browser section for more information.)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader - Click here to download.
- Flash Player (latest version) - Click here to download.
- Java (latest version) - Click here to download.
- Quicktime Player - Click here to download.
- Windows Media Player - Click here to download.
- MS Office 2003 or greater (includes Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- A stable Internet connection of 56K or greater is required. (However, please note that a 56K connection may degrade the quality of your experience.)
Various browsers may be able to access the learning management system. We recommend the following tips:
- Use Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or higher (Mac or PC), Internet Explorer 7 or higher (PC). (Please note that eLearning (ANGEL) may not fully compatible with the latest versions of each browser.)
- Be sure to properly configure your Internet browser. (Please note that Mozilla Firefox is the university preferred browser. To download Firefox, please visit http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/.)
- You may check if your browser is properly configured via the Browser Check provided below. This component will also be provided in your ANGEL homepage.
Instructional Technology & Distance Education Services
Office of Information Technology
Killam Library 259