Who is eligible to participate in Intramural Events?
- Currently enrolled students at TAMIU
- Faculty and Staff (must have a Rec Sports membership)
Can Alumni, University Affiliates or general community members participate with the Intramural Program?
- NO only students who are currently enrolled, along with faculty and staff who have a current Rec Sports Membership
Can a person compete in multiple divisions?
- YES, a person can compete in multiple divisions, provided they only participate on one team within a single division. (example: a person can participate in one men's team and one co-rec team in basketball)
Can a member of the Intercollegiate Athletic Team (ex: basketball) participate in Intramural Events?
- YES, as long as they do not participate with the same sport in which they compete at the Intercollegiate Level (ex: Basketball players cannot participate in the 3x3 Basketball or 5x5 Basketball)
How long does a member of an Intercollegiate team have to wait to participate in the same sport in which they competed?
- One full calendar year from the last day of the season for the Intercollegiate team. (ex: a team “s last game was Feb. 2nd 2011, consequently a player whose name appears on the roster may not participate in the same sport till Feb. 2nd 2012)
If an Intercollegiate player did not complete the season, when would they become eligible?
- The rule remains the same, one full calendar year from the last day of the season for the intercollegiate team. (ex: player leaves a team Jan. 10 2011 but the season ends Mar. 12, 2011, then the player may not participate in the sport till Mar. 12, 2012)
Can Coaches from the University participate in Intramurals event of sport they are currently employed?
- Yes, as long as they have purchased a Rec Sports Membership. (ex: a soccer coach can participate in outdoor soccer or indoor soccer provided they have purchased a Rec Sports membership)
Can a team be eliminated from playoff contention?
- Yes, they can be eliminated for the following reasons: not attending mandatory captains meetings, low sportsmanship grade, and any other violations of rules or policies.