Students interested in applying for a part time job with the Department of Rec. Sports can do so by clicking on the link below. Positions are made available based on the vacancies throughout the year.
Students can apply for any of the following positions:
Need Based PositionsStudents hired for these positions will work 19 hours a week.
To qualify for Federal or State Work-study positions undergraduate and graduate students must:
- Must be an eligible citizen.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be registered at least half time ( 6 credit hours) in a degree granting course of study and make satisfactory academic progress.
- Not be in default or delinquent on any loan plan with the University, state or federal government.
- Must have a current and complete folder with Financial Aid.
Non-Need Based PositionsStudents hired for these positions will work a maximum of 19 hours a week.
- Student Employee ($7.25 per hour).
- Game Room Assistant ($7.25 per hour).
- Student Manager ($10.00 per hour).
Criteria for Student Employment
- Undergraduates or Graduate students may apply for any student employee positions meeting the criteria outlined.
- Departments or offices may include other preferred qualifications for applicants on the Student Personnel Requisition Form.
- Students must be registered at least half-time (6 credit hours) in a degree-granting course of study during the Fall or Spring semesters.
- International Students: Undergraduate F-1 or J-1 students are required to be enrolled 12 semester credit hours and Graduate F-1 or J-1 students must be enrolled for 9 semester credit hours as per INS regulations.
- During the Summer, students do not have to be enrolled in either session. Students must sign a Career Services Letter of Intent indicating that they will be admitted for the Fall Semester at least part-time .
- Student employees hired for these positions will work up to 19 hours per week and earn the entry pay amount.
- Undergraduate Students must have and maintain an overall grade point average of 2.0/4.0; whereas Graduate students must have and maintain a 3.0/4.0
Professional PositionsProfessionals interested in applying for a full time or classified job with the department of Rec. Sports can do so by clicking on the link here. Positions are made available based on the vacancies throughout the year.
Contracted Positions(Intramural referees, aerobic instructors, and other miscellaneous positions)
Students, faculty and staff interested in refereeing Intramural sport events can contact the department of Rec. Sports throughout the year for more information regarding officiating opportunities.
Certified aerobic instructors interested in teaching courses can contact the department of Rec. Sports.