x
  
  
Students Sitting on Grass 2


CARES/CRRSAA grant  

Important Notice for CARES/CRRSAA Grant was sent to Dusty Email

Emails have begun, and will contine to go out through Friday, March 19th, in regards to CARES/CRRSAA approval or denial.

If approved, funding should be available within 5 University business days of email notice. You can check amount awarded under the Pay May Bill tab on UCONNECT.

 

Texas A&M International University serves a broad community of students in Laredo and South Texas with unique needs as a result of the impact of the COVID 19 pandemic. In order to meet the needs of TAMIU students and their families who have been impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, TAMIU will award $5.1 million in emergency grants to assist students as part of its TAMIU CARES/CRRSAA Program.  Of this, 92%, or $4,750,878, are federal funds while the remaining 8%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources.  These allocations are designed to provide grants to students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. The CARES/CRRSAA funds will be used to address financial hardship, including housing and food insecurity, medical expenses, and lack of educational support and supplies (including technology).

Funds from the CARES/CRRSAA are not considered Estimated Financial Aid

FAQs

If you have any additional questions that were not answered by the FAQs about the TAMIU CARES Grant, please email cares@tamiu.edu. Due to the high volume of inquiries, please expect a delay in response. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
 
 
  • Food insecurity
  • On-campus housing (RLC or UV)
  • Off-campus housing (rental, mortgage, etc.)
  • Urgent medical expenses (dental, counseling, etc.)
  • School expenses (tuition & fees, books, etc.)
  • Technology (software, laptop, etc.)
  • Utility bills (Internet, water, light, cellphone, etc.)
  • Transportation (vehicle repair, car insurance, airfare, etc.)
  • Other (daycare, etc.)
  • Must be enrolled for Spring 2021
  • U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen (including a U. S. National or Permanent Resident)
  • Apply using the TAMIU CARES/CRRSAA Application (available only to eligible students)
  • An application does not guarantee funding
  • If approved, CARES/CRRSAA funds will be distributed directly to you after the 20th class day via electronic transfer to your refund preference bank account. To confirm or update your bank account information, login to your existing BankMobile profile at https://bankmobilevibe.com/

Ineligible noncitizens are not eligible for the CARES/CRRSAA grant. Ineligible noncitizens are those who are neither a permanent resident of the United States nor able to provide evidence from the Immigration and Naturalization Service that they are in the United States for other than a temporary purpose with the intention of becoming a citizen or permanent resident.

(Updated: 04/09/2021)

CRRSAA Required Reporting – Quarterly Report
Date of Report 4/9/2021 for the Quarter Ended 3/31/2021

View CRRSAA 4/9/2021 Quarterly PDF Report

In accordance with the reporting requirements of Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, Texas A&M International University (TAMIU), an institution receiving funds under section 314(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021, is providing the following information:

  1. TAMIU acknowledges that the University signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement.  The institution further certifies it will use a minimum of 50% of the funds, or $4,750,878, received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act and an equal amount received under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. 
  2. TAMIU will receive $9,501,756 from the Department pursuant to the University’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
  3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act from January 1, 2021 - March 31, 2021 was $1,925,390.  The full $4,750,878 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act was fully expended as of October 30, 2020.
  4. The estimated total number of students at TAMIU eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act is 6,904 for Spring 2021.
  5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 4,036 and under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act is 1,950 as of the dates listed in number 3 above.
  6. TAMIU has awarded grants of up to $1,500 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act and up to $1,000 under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act.  Currently enrolled students were able to apply for grants via a simple online application process.  The TAMIU Emergency Services Committee received the applications, reviewed them for completeness and eligibility under the CARES and CRRSA Act, and coordinated the awarding of the funds.  Eligible students were able to apply for grants for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, including housing and food insecurity, medical expenses, and lack of educational support and supplies (including technology).
  7. Instructions provided by TAMIU to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants can be found on our dedicated webpage: https://www.tamiu.edu/cares.

TAMIU Cares will provide just over $9.8M in emergency grants to students.  Of this, 92%, or $9,501,756, are federal funds while the remaining 3%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources.


Previous Reports

Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Required Reporting – FINAL Quarterly Report
October 30, 2020

View Final PDF Report

In accordance with the reporting requirements of Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, Texas A&M International University (TAMIU), an institution receiving funds under this section, is providing the following information:

  1. TAMIU acknowledges that the University signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement. The institution further certifies it will use a minimum of 50% of the funds, or $4,750,878.00, received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. 
  2. TAMIU will receive $4,750,878.00 from the Department pursuant to the University’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
  3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of October 30, 2020 is $4,750,878.
  4. The estimated total number of students at TAMIU eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 5,545 for Spring, 2,288 for Summer, and 5,975 for Fall.
  5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 1,040 for Spring, 1,120 for Summer, and 1,876 for Fall as of October 30, 2020.
  6. TAMIU has awarded grants of up to $1,500 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. Currently enrolled students were able to apply for grants via a simple online application process.  The TAMIU Emergency Services Committee received the applications, reviewed them for completeness and eligibility under the CARES Act, and coordinated the awarding of the funds.  Eligible students were able to apply for grants for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, including housing and food insecurity, medical expenses, and lack of educational support and supplies (including technology).
  7. Instructions provided by TAMIU to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants can be found on our dedicated webpage: https://www.tamiu.edu/cares.

TAMIU Cares will provide just over $5.1M in emergency grants to students.  Of this, 92%, or $4,750,878, are federal funds while the remaining 8%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources.

Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Required Reporting – 45-Day Report
October 3, 2020

45-day v.3 - October 3, 2020 PDF Report

In accordance with the reporting requirements of Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, Texas A&M International University (TAMIU), an institution receiving funds under this section, is providing the following information: 

  1. TAMIU acknowledges that the University signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement. The institution further certifies it will use a minimum of 50% of the funds, or $4,750,878.00, received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. 
  2. TAMIU will receive $4,750,878.00 from the Department pursuant to the University’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
  3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of October 3, 2020 is $2,436,300.
  4. The estimated total number of students at TAMIU eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 5,545 for Spring, 2,288 for Summer, and 5,975 for Fall.
  5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 1,040 for Spring and 1,120 for Summer as of October 3, 2020. Fall awards are scheduled to be disbursed in mid-October.
  6. TAMIU has awarded grants of up to $1,500 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. Currently enrolled students were able to apply for grants via a simple online application process.  The TAMIU Emergency Services Committee received the applications, reviewed them for completeness and eligibility under the CARES Act, and coordinated the awarding of the funds.  Eligible students were able to apply for grants for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, including housing and food insecurity, medical expenses, and lack of educational support and supplies (including technology).
  7. Instructions provided by TAMIU to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants can be found on our dedicated webpage: https://www.tamiu.edu/cares.

TAMIU Cares will provide just over $5.1M in emergency grants to students.  Of this, 92%, or $4,750,878, are federal funds while the remaining 8%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources.

Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Required Reporting – 45-Day Report
August 19, 2020

45-day v.2 - August 19, 2020 PDF Report

In accordance with the reporting requirements of Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, Texas A&M International University (TAMIU), an institution receiving funds under this section, is providing the following information:

  1. TAMIU acknowledges that the University signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement. The institution further certifies it will use a minimum of 50% of the funds, or $4,750,878.00, received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. 
  2. TAMIU will receive $4,750,878.00 from the Department pursuant to the University’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
  3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of August 19, 2020 is $2,436,300.
  4. The estimated total number of students at TAMIU eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 5,545 for Spring and 2,288 for Summer.
  5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 1,040 for Spring and 1,120 for Summer as of August 19, 2020.
  6. TAMIU has awarded grants of up to $1,500 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. Currently enrolled students were able to apply for grants via a simple online application process.  The TAMIU Emergency Services Committee received the applications, reviewed them for completeness and eligibility under the CARES Act, and coordinated the awarding of the funds.  Eligible students were able to apply for grants for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, including housing and food insecurity, medical expenses, and lack of educational support and supplies (including technology).
  7. Instructions provided by TAMIU to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants can be found on our dedicated webpage: https://www.tamiu.edu/cares.

TAMIU Cares will provide just over $5.1M in emergency grants to students.  Of this, 92%, or $4,750,878, are federal funds while the remaining 8%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources. 

Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Required Reporting – 45-Day Report
July 5, 2020

45-day v.1  - July 5, 2020 PDF Report

In accordance with the reporting requirements of Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, Texas A&M International University (TAMIU), an institution receiving funds under this section, is providing the following information: 

  1. TAMIU acknowledges that the University signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement. The institution further certifies it will use a minimum of 50% of the funds, or $4,750,878.00, received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. 
  2. TAMIU will receive $4,750,878.00 from the Department pursuant to the University’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
  3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of July 5, 2020 is $2,008,600.
  4. The estimated total number of students at TAMIU eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 5,545 for Spring and 1,897 for Summer.
  5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 1,040 for Spring and 746 for Summer as of July 5, 2020.
  6. TAMIU has awarded grants of up to $1,500 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. Currently enrolled students were able to apply for grants via a simple online application process.  The TAMIU Emergency Services Committee received the applications, reviewed them for completeness and eligibility under the CARES Act, and coordinated the awarding of the funds.  Eligible students were able to apply for grants for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, including housing and food insecurity, medical expenses, and lack of educational support and supplies (including technology).
  7. Instructions provided by TAMIU to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants can be found on our dedicated webpage: https://www.tamiu.edu/cares.

TAMIU Cares will provide just over $5.1M in emergency grants to students.  Of this, 92%, or $4,750,878, are federal funds while the remaining 8%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources.

Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Required Reporting – 30-Day Report

30-day - May 24, 2020

In accordance with the reporting requirements of Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, Texas A&M International University (TAMIU), an institution receiving funds under this section, is providing the following information:

  1. TAMIU acknowledges that the University signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement. The institution further certifies it will use a minimum of 50% of the funds, or $4,750,878.00, received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
  2. TAMIU will receive $4,750,878.00 from the Department pursuant to the University’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
  3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of May 24, 2020 is $1,124,500.
  4. The estimated total number of students at TAMIU eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 5,545.
  5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 1,040 as of the date listed in number 3 above.
  6. TAMIU has awarded grants of up to $1,500 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. Currently enrolled students were able to apply for grants via a simple online application process. The TAMIU Emergency Services Committee received the applications, reviewed them for completeness and eligibility under the CARES Act, and coordinated the awarding of the funds. Eligible students were able to apply for grants for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, including housing and food insecurity, medical expenses, and lack of educational support and supplies (including technology).
  7. Instructions provided by TAMIU to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants can be found on our dedicated webpage: https://www.tamiu.edu/cares.

TAMIU Cares will provide just over $5.1M in emergency grants to students. Of this, 92%, or $4,750,878, are federal funds while the remaining 8%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources.

(Updated: 04/09/2021)

Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting under CARES Act Sections 18004(a)(1) Institutional Portion, 18004(a)(2), and 18004(a)(3), if applicable

View Q1 2021 Quarterly Budget and Expenditure PDF report 

Previous Reports

Institution Name: Texas A&M International University

Date of Report: 04/07/2021

Covering Quarter Ending: 03/31/2021

Total Amount of Funds Awarded:

  • Section (a)(1) Institutional Portion: $16,965,643.00
  • Section (a)(2): $1,727,159.00
  • Section (a)(3): $0.00

Final report? No

Q4 2020 Budget and Expenditure Report

Category

Amount in (a)(1) institutional dollars

Amount in (a)(2) dollars, if applicable

Amount in (a)(3) dollars, if applicable

Explanatory Notes

Providing additional emergency financial aid grants to students.1 $1,480,000.00 $0.00 $0.00 Additional student grants
Providing reimbursements for tuition, housing, room and board, or other fee refunds. $3,936.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Providing tuition discounts. $0.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Covering the cost of providing additional technology hardware to students, such as laptops or tablets, or covering the added cost of technology fees. $0.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Providing or subsidizing the costs of high‐speed internet to students or faculty to transition to an online environment. $0.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Subsidizing off‐campus housing costs due to dormitory closures or decisions to limit housing to one student per room; subsidizing housing costs to reduce housing density; paying for hotels or other off‐campus housing for students who need to be isolated; paying travel expenses for students who need to leave campus early due to coronavirus infections or campus interruptions. $0.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Subsidizing food service to reduce density in eating facilities, to provide pre‐packaged meals, or to add hours to food service operations to accommodate social distancing. $0.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Costs related to operating additional class sections to enable social distancing, such as those for hiring more instructors and increasing campus hours of operations. $0.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Campus safety and operations.2 $171,733.00 $0.00 $0.00 PPE, cleaning supplies/services, signage, contact tracing, COVID-19 testing kits & vaccination supplies
Purchasing, leasing, or renting additional instructional equipment and supplies (such as laboratory equipment or computers) to reduce the number of students sharing equipment or supplies during a single class period and to provide time for disinfection between uses. $0.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Replacing lost revenue due to reduced enrollment. $0.00  $0.00 $0.00  
Replacing lost revenue from non‐tuition sources (i.e.,cancelled ancillary events; disruption of food service, dorms, childcare or other facilities; cancellation of use of campus venues by other organizations, lost parking revenue, etc.).3 $0.00  $0.00 $0.00  
Purchasing faculty and staff training in online instruction;or paying additional funds to staff who are providing training in addition to their regular job responsibilities. $0.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Purchasing, leasing, or renting additional equipment or software to enable distance learning, or upgrading campus wi‐fi access or extending open networks to parking lots or public spaces, etc. $145,580.00 $0.00 $0.00 Classroom technology for streaming, software for nursing students and test proctoring, wifi access points for better internet access on campus, equipment for virtual tutoring
Other Uses of (a)(1) Institutional Portion funds. $790,086.00     Indirect costs, payroll for additional eLearning instructional designers, advisors and Support Coaches, supplies for COVID-19 testing site
Other Uses of (a)(2) or (a)(3) funds, if applicable. $0.00  $0.00 $0.00  
Quarterly Expenditures for each Program $2,591,335.00 $0.00    
Total of Quarterly Expenditures $2,591,335.00

 

1 To support any element of the cost of attendance (as defined under Section 472 of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA)) per Section 18004(c) of the CARES Act and the Interim Final Rule published in the Federal Register on June 17, 2020 (85 FR 36494). Community Colleges in California, all public institutions in Washington State, and all institutions in Massachusetts have different requirements due to recent U.S. District Court actions. Please discuss with legal counsel. HEERF litigation updates can be found here.

2 Including costs or expenses related to the disinfecting and cleaning of dorms and other campus facilities, purchases of personal protective equipment (PPE), purchases of cleaning supplies, adding personnel to increase the frequency of cleaning, the reconfiguration of facilities to promote social distancing, etc.

3 Including continuance of pay (salary and benefits) to workers who would otherwise support the work or activities of ancillary enterprises (e.g., bookstore workers, foodservice workers, venue staff, etc.).


(Updated: 09/01/2020)

In accordance with the reporting requirements of Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, Texas A&M International University (TAMIU), an institution receiving funds under this section, is providing the following information:

  1. TAMIU acknowledges that the University signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement.
  2. TAMIU will receive $667,576 from the Department pursuant to the University’s Certification and Agreement in grants for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs), and other Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs).
  3. The total amount of funds for Recipient’s Minority Serving Institutions Costs reimbursed under Section 18004(a)(2) of the CARES Act as of September 1, 2020 is $0.

TAMIU Cares will provide just over $5.1M in emergency grants to students.  Of this, 92%, or $4,750,878, are federal funds while the remaining 8%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources. 

INTERNATIONAL CARES GRANT

 

In order to meet the needs of TAMIU international students and their families who have been impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, TAMIU will award additional funds to help these students. The International CARES funds will be used to address financial hardship, including housing and food insecurity, medical expenses, and lack of educational support and supplies (including technology).

An email will be sent to eligible students with application link to their Dusty email. Students are responsible to check their Dusty email to ensure timely application submission. If you experience difficulty accessing your Dusty email, please call OIT at 956.326.2310.

A complete application must include supporting documentation for the hardship(s) they are seeking funding assistance and meet all eligibility requirements, will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis, and upon funding availability. Application will not be considered complete if you did not provide supporting documentation. Must be registered for Spring (attendance and course(s) payment will be confirmed).

Email: tamiuinternationalcares@tamiu.edu

 

Loaner Laptop Program

 

TAMIU has developed a Loaner Laptop Program to support students whose access to technology is a challenge.

To qualify for the program, applicants will complete a simple online questionnaire, contract and acknowledgement.  Applicants must be current TAMIU students, enrolled in at least 6 credit hours and be fully paid for the semester of enrollment to be eligible. Computers will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. 

Contact the Office of Outreach and Pre-College Programs at 956.326.2720 or email outreach@tamiu.edu.

Loaner Laptop Application

 

Dustdevils helping dustdevils

 

Your donation of any amount will provide students with food and help with housing, childcare, gas, and other basic needs. Every gift matters. Your donation can help students get through difficult times and on course to graduation.


Resources